in Gordon’s Bay, Cape Town
8 Rooms, 2 Suites
Full Breakfast Included
A Beautiful 4-Star Beach Venue
This beautiful 4-Star beach venue is run by the owner, Kerry-Ann Evans, who is always on hand to ensure that each day spent at Berg en Zee will be a special one.
A well-known landmark on Beach Road, Berg en Zee is situated centrally in Gordon’s Bay, just a few steps from the beach. Whether you would like to soak up the sun on well-known Bikini Beach, take a boat trip from the harbour or enjoy a meal in one of the many beachfront restaurants – you’ll find it all just a few minutes’ walk away.
A warm welcome awaits you!
Our Room & Suites
All rooms are extremely spacious and have a sitting area and en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. No two rooms are the same. They are all furnished and decorated in keeping with the style of this imposing building. Inside the guesthouse are three double rooms and three family rooms (which can easily accommodate four people) and these rooms have their very own private balcony with an amazing sea view.
You can also opt to stay in one of the two luxurious penthouse suites on the very top of the guesthouse. Each one has a panoramic view over the ocean from its own private covered patio. You will have your own equipped kitchenette with a fridge and microwave, a Weber braai on the patio, sun loungers and a dining table. Each suite has an extra-length king-sized bed, en suite bathroom, sitting area, large flat-screen TV with DVD player and numerous DSTV channels.
Food & Drink
Full English and Continental Breakfast
We will ensure you start the day with a hearty breakfast in our large and airy dining room with Oregon pine floor and ceiling.
On request, we will prepare packed lunches for you so that you always have something to fuel your adventures.
“This is the best possible place to stay in gordons bay and at a fair price. we made so many great memories here! Kerry and her staff are all gems! We felt perfectly welcome, very safe, and quite relaxed! super close to the beach and views that stun! Do it!”
All Rooms Include
Crisp white linen
TV with numerous DSTV channels
Tea/coffee making facilities
Checkin and Check out
Welcome and please follow below for easy check-in:
- Collect or leave envelope
- Yale key opens white security gate
- Enter wooden door with the code you will be given
- Up the stairs to Rooms 1,2 & 3
- Ground floor Rooms 4,5 & 6
Check-in time is no later than 18h00 unless a prior arrangement has been made.
We are more than happy to arrange transfers to and from Cape Town International Airport. Kindly see Reception, or request it via email, should you wish us to make a booking for you.
- For the comfort of other guests, please do not smoke inside the guesthouse. A charge of R800 will be made for additional soft furnishing cleaning in the event of smoke damage.
- The Western Cape is prevalent to drought and we urge you to be Waterwise at all times.
- Please close and lock the entrance door when going in and out.
- Kindly respect our other guests and neighbours at all times. No noise will be tolerated after 10.00 pm.
Have a Question?
Talk to the Host
Location & Nearby Attractions
Things to do around Cape Town
Swim, tan, picnic and chill on our pristine Bikini, Strand, and numerous other coastal drive beaches.
About Strand Beach: With its five-kilometre-long stretch of white sand, Strand Beach is a perfect family beach for swimming, sunbathing and a variety of marine sports. There’s even a tidal pool for anyone who is not brave enough to plunge into the mellow surf.
There are a number of surf spots to suit every level of surfer. Bikini Beach is one of Cape Town’s six Blue Flag Beaches. Bikini Beach is an excellent swimming beach as the water is usually warm, calm and clear. Named after the numerous bikini-clad Stellies students (Stellenbosch University) who are regulars, this intimate little beach has its own particular charm.
Surrounded by the craggy Hottentot’s Holland mountain range on one side and the harbour breakwater on the other, Bikini Beach is a good option when the wind is howling.
Enjoy wine tasting and dining at ± 30 award-winning and historicSomerset West wine estates. Enjoy the adjacent Stellenbosch and Elgin Wine routes.
Journey’s End Wine Estate has situated on the slopes of the Schapenberg boasting sweeping views of False Bay. The farm has been upgraded to a state-of-the-art boutique winery that consistently wins top awards. Along with producing exceptional wines, Journeys End has initiated remarkable programs to preserve the region’s biodiversity and to uplift the local community. A wonderful way to explore the beautiful surroundings is on horseback through the vineyards.
During the Cape Winter season (especially June to October), view Whales & Dolphins in False Bay and along the coastline to nearby Hermanus, acclaimed the world’s best land-basedwhale watching resort town.
- Crystal Springs Hike: this easy hike is a delightful adventure in a beautiful nature reserve. Follow the stream in the kloof (gully) between the mountains, past many crystal-clear pools. Stop along the way to enjoy indigenous fynbos, to swim or bathe the sunshine on the rocks. Stop and turn back when you feel you have gone far enough – each spot along the way is beautiful enough to be the destination. You will feel spiritually refreshed.
- Blue Rock Cable Water ski: an exciting and thrilling water activity awaits you at Blue Rock Lake. For a wild cable ski adventure, you won’t have to travel far if you’re in CapeTown. Blue Rock uses an overhead cable system with an electric motor which pulls users around the lake. This system is completely user-friendly and safe, as the water skiing is in a controlled area in addition to buoys and floating walkways which also separate activities. Skilled water ski instructors are always in attendance. The resort also offers diving facilities, volleyball, swimming, rock jumping and a kid’s playground.
- Lonely Planet recently listed Cape Canopy Tour (located in the ElginValley near Grabouw, only 15 minutes from the Krystal Beach Hotel), and scale the rugged Hottentots Holland Mountains in the Cape Nature reserve of the same name. Lonely Planet has described it as “vertigo-tinged fun and an exciting aerial perspective.” Do so in the company of soaring eagles, surrounded by breathtaking Cape Fynbos panoramas and mountain-scape.
- Visit the KogelBerg Reserve and the Harold Porter Botanical gardens.
- Try your hand at fishing or boating.
- Enjoy the magnificent Clarence Mountain Drive past picturesque coastal holiday and fishing villages, commencing 15 minutes drive time from Krystal Beach.
- Visit Penguin Nature Reserve at Stony Point.
- Visit the Elgin Valley and Bot River areas: view vineyards, apple and pear orchards and beautiful mountains. This self-drive route offers spectacular photographic opportunities.
- Play Golf at any one of several excellent courses, all within easy reach of the Krystal Beach.
- Visit the Cheetah Outreach Research Station.
- Visit Monkey Town (the world of monkeys and primates).
View on Map
Stayed here with family for 4 days and I could not have picked a better place to stay in Gordon’s Bay. The staff were so friendly, the breakfast food had good variety and was delicious and the rooms were spacious and the beds comfort was unreal. If I was to ever come back to Gordon’s Bay again, I would definitely come here again. Could not recommend it more.
A very warm and Friendly welcome upon arrival, spacious rooms with an amazing view. The beach and Harbour is within walking distance from the Apartments. Awesome Breakfast was served by friendly waitress. I will highly recommend Berg en Zee Guesthouse.
Great accommodation with a fantastic view. We didn’t close or curtains at night, just so that we could wake up to a wonderful view! Breakfast had some great options as well. Honesty bar is well stocked and very well priced. Rooms have DStv too. We enjoyed our stay. Staff are very welcoming and helpful as well.
We have been coming here for years, so the fact that we return so often speaks for itself. This is a comfortable homely guest house with wonderful staff and delicious breakfasts. The view from all rooms and the penthouse is quite amazing, right around from Cape Point and Table Mountain to the Helderberg Mountains closer to hand. The beach is literally seconds away and excellent eateries just a little further. A selection of wines, beers and frozen meals at shop prices is available for an evening on the room’s balcony. Access from the airport is a quick and easy drive. Adequate free parking is available. What else to say? Just come and try it!